Pinterest is a huge social platform with 367 million monthly active users.
Just look at its growth throughout the years.
As a marketer, this means Pinterest is a promising platform to showcase your brand.
But do you know everything there is to know about Pinterest?
Here are 25 Pinterest facts to turn your head.
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Pinterest
Yes, you know that Pinterest is a colorful, fun social bookmarking site.
But here are facts you probably don’t know about it.
1. There Are Over 200 Billion Pins on Pinterest
Need a little boost of inspiration for your brand?
Head over to Pinterest and browse through billions of beautiful, unique, funny, thoughtful, and motivating pins.
2. 72% of Pinterest Users Are Women
This is compared to 19% of men and 9% unspecified.
3. 83% of Users Make a Purchase After Seeing a Brand’s Content on Pinterest
The unbranded searches on Pinterest are high: 97%.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This gives you a huge opportunity to put your brand’s content in front of your audience when they’re in the early stages of the buying process.
Who knows? Your brand might have the idea they’re looking for.
4. Pinterest Is the Third Biggest Social Network in the U.S.
At the close of 2019, Pinterest overtook Snapchat as America’s third most popular social network.
It now has 88 million monthly active users, next only to Facebook and Instagram.
5. Pinterest Garnered $400 Million in Revenue in the Last Quarter of 2019 Alone
Of this amount, $350 million was generated in the U.S. and $50 million internationally.
6. Pinterest Is the Only Social Network to Make It Into the Top 10 Relevant Brands in the U.S.
It ranks #10, behind huge companies like Apple, Android, Disney, and Spotify.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
7. 98% of Users Say They’ve Tried Something New They Found on Pinterest
Pinterest users are curious, open, and creative.
If your brand has the “IT factor” they’re looking for, you have a huge chance of converting them.
8. 83% of Weekly Users Have Made a Purchase Based on Brand Content on Pinterest
If you know your audience and what they love, you can easily push them down the buyer journey with your Pinterest content.
9. International Pinterest Users Are Growing in Number
There are now over 247 billion monthly active users on Pinterest from outside the U.S.
What’s more, Pinterest expects its international base to further outpace its U.S. base in the future.
10. Video Views on Pinterest Grew 6x From 2018 to 2019
You already know how popular video is in marketing.
It’s not less so on Pinterest, where video views grow steadily year by year.
11. Pinterest Launched Video Reactions in Q4 of 2019
This gives users even more ways to interact with video content on the platform.
12. ‘Life Moments’ Is a Popular Search Term on Pinterest
Life moments include:
- Wedding season (1 billion searches per year).
- New home (3 million searches per year).
- New baby (646 million searches per year).
- Gifts (566 million searches per year).
- Car buying (81 million searches per year).
Pins featuring life moments have a 22% higher sales lift.
13. The Average Pinterest Users Types in Eight Searches Per Month
That adds up to 2 billion searches a month!
14. 40% of Fathers in the U.S. Use Pinterest
Yes, women dominate the world of Pinterest.
But that doesn’t mean men aren’t active on the platform.
In fact, U.S. dads are more active on Pinterest than any other Pinner.
They search 62% more than the average user!
15. 85% of Pinners Use the Platform on Their Phones
You know what that means.