Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google has started to roll out the desktop version of the Google Page Experience Update – big whoop. Google Merchant Center has a new “shopping experience scorecard” and if you prove that you provide excellent customer experience, Google may give you a boost and more visibility in Google Shopping. Most advertisers said that Google Ads CPCs costs are up this year compared to last. Google AdSense publisher reports seem off, the homepage report is showing much lower earnings than the other reports. Microsoft Advertising launched dynamic descriptions ad texts for DSAs.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- I feel a @gregfinn Hulk moment coming on 🙂 -> Microsoft Ads announces auto-apply recommendations “By default advertisers will be opted in to auto-apply for all the 5 recommendation types” Although you can easily opt-out, rece, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Having links between the language versions of a site / page seems like a baseline usability element. That’s something I’d always recommend. I would not rely on hreflang to enable crawling of inte, John Mueller on Twitter
- How AI works in everyday life | Google AI, Barry Schwartz on Twitter
- I’m so very sad to hear about the passing of @aperfectcircle0 host of the CMO Asia Podcast 😢 I had the wonderful opportunity to meet him at Shenzhen in 2019 at an event, spent the day sightseeing with ot, Aleyda Solis on Twitter
- It’s possible to rely on a single source of traffic with SEO too though. IMO it’s critical to plan accordingly & diversify. Search can & does change over time; don’t make your site subject of the next., John Mueller on Twitter
- The Microsoft Bing team continues evolving search to be more relevant, visually immersive, and inspirational. Check out some of our new experiences across Bing that help you find ideas and information quickly and intuitively., Jordi Ribas on Twitter
- There is no generally valid answer to that question, sorry., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.